Find out how to get started using Skype for Chromebook and learn about all the features that are available.
Checkout this video:
Skype is a Voice over IP (VoIP) and instant messaging service founded by Niklas Zennström and Janus Friis. In order to use Skype on your Chromebook, you will need to download the Skype app from the Chrome Web Store. Once you have installed the app, you will need to create a Skype account.
What is Skype?
Skype is a software application that allows users to make voice and video calls and chat over the internet. Calls to other Skype users are free, while calls to landlines and mobile phones can be made for a fee. Skype can be accessed on a Chromebook using the Skype for Web beta.
Why is Skype useful?
Skype is a versatile communication tool that can be used for everything from voice and video calls to instant messaging and file sharing. It’s especially useful for staying in touch with friends and family who live far away, but it can also be used for business purposes.
How to Use Skype for Chromebook
While Chromebooks don’t have a built-in Skype app, you can still use Skype on your Chromebook. You’ll just need to use the Skype web app. Using the Skype web app is just like using the Skype app on your phone or computer.
How to download Skype for Chromebook
If you’re using a Chromebook, you can download Skype for Chromebook through the Google Play Store. Here’s how:
1. Open the Google Play Store and search for Skype.
2. Select Skype from the list of results.
3. Click Install.
4. Once Skype has finished installing, click Open.
5. You’ll be asked to sign in or create a new account – follow the prompts to do so.
How to sign in to Skype for Chromebook
To sign in to Skype for Chromebook, you need a Skype account. You can create a new one or sign in with an existing Microsoft account or Facebook account.
If you don’t have a Skype or Microsoft account:
1. In the Skype for Chromebook app, select Create new accoun
2. Type your name, email address, and password, then select Next.
3. To finish creating your account and sign in to Skype for Chromebook, follow the instructions on the screen.
If you have a Skype or Microsoft account:
1. In the Skype for Chromebook app, select Sign in with Microsoft.
2. Type your email address and password, then select Next.
3. To finish signing in to Skype for Chromebook with your Microsoft account, follow the instructions on the screen
How to make a Skype call for Chromebook
Making a video or audio call on Skype for your Chromebook is quick and easy. You can make calls to any of your Skype contacts – or to anyone else, if you know their Skype username. Just follow these simple steps:
1) Open the Skype app on your Chromebook.
2) Sign in, if you haven’t already done so.
3) Find the person you want to call in your Contacts list, or search for them by name or Skype username.
4) When you’ve found the right person, click on their name or profile picture to open up a new conversation window.
5) In the new conversation window, click on the video call or audio call icon to start your call.
Tips for Using Skype for Chromebook
Skype is a great way to keep in touch with family and friends around the world. And with Skype for Chromebook, it’s easy to stay connected even while you’re on the go. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of Skype for Chromebook.
How to use Skype credit
Skype credit is a convenient way to pay for Skype features that are not included in your subscription, like making calls to landlines and mobiles, or sending text messages. You can also use Skype credit to buy subscriptions to Calling Plans and call phones from Skype.
If you don’t have a subscription, you can still use Skype to do many things. For example, you can:
-Receive unlimited incoming calls
-Make one-to-one video calls
-Send instant messages
To do any of these things you will need to have some Skype Credit. When you make your first purchase of Skype Credit, or whenever your balance runs low, we’ll automatically add the selected amount of credit to your account.
How to buy Skype credit
To make calls to regular phones, you’ll need to buy Skype credit or a Skype subscription. You can do this right from your Chromebook. Here’s how:
1. Open the Chrome web browser and go to www.skype.com.
2. Click Get Skype for Chromebook.
3. In the top-right corner of the screen, click Sign in and enter your Skype name, email address, or phone number and password, then click Sign in again.
4. In the left-hand sidebar, click Calls, then Get Skype Credit orportable Skype numbers Subscriptions.
5. On the next page, select how much credit you want to buy or which subscription you want to purchase, then click Continue and enter your payment information when prompted
How to add contacts on Skype for Chromebook
Whenever you want to start a new conversation on Skype, you need to add a contact first. The process is pretty simple:
1.Launch the Skype app on your Chromebook and sign in if prompted.
2.Click the “Contacts” icon at the top of the screen (it looks like a head and shoulders silhouette).
3.In the “Search Skype” field at the top of the “Contacts” screen, type in the name or Skype ID of the person you want to add as a contact.
4.When that person’s name appears in the search results, click on it.
5.On the next screen, click on the “Add Contact” button.
A confirmation message will appear letting you know that your request has been sent. The person you’ve added as a contact will need to accept your request before you’ll be able to start chatting with them on Skype.